01/24/2012: Minapa Sunnundalu / Urad Dal Ladoo / Black Gram Ladoo - One of the desserts I love the most which I thought was seriously effort-filled to make. Last year I learned how wasy it was to make. Now they are made at my kitchen as often as I cook rice. :P You shoudl try to, I bet you will get hooked like me. **evil grin**
Whole Minapappu / Urad Dal / Black Gram Dal - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee / Clarified Butter - 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
1) Dry roast Whole Urad Dal on a medium low flame until it turns golden brown in color. Cool them down in a plate.
2) Grind the Urad Dal into a fine powder. Add Cardamom Powder to the mixture.
3) Add Sugar to the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
4) Melt Ghee and mix it to the above mixture.
5) After mixing it well, take small portions and mould them into balls.
6) Serve at anytime as a snack or a dessert.