Prologue: Go here.
01/19/2012: Brinjal Tomato Curry - This was my concoction dish when I had only one Tomato, 1/2 Onion and two small Brinjals (small sized round Eggplants) in my huge refrigerator. Oh yeah, you can tell I am lazy at buying groceries sometimes.
Tomato - 1 (Diced to bite size pieces)
Onion - 1/2 (Chopped to small pieces)
Brinjal (Eggplant) - 2 (Diced to bite size pieces)
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Spices - 1tsp Mustard Seeds, 1tsp Cumin Seeds, 1tsp Urad Daal (Black Gram), 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
1) Heat Oil in a pan. Then add the spices as mentioned in the order.
2) Once the spices fry, add Onions. Cook till they are translucent.
3) Add the Brinjal. Stir the curry a little.
4) Once Brinjal is cooked enough, add Tomatoes, Salt, Turmeric and Red Chili Powder.
5) Stir in between and cook till Tomatoes and Brinjal are cooked well.
6) Serve hot with Rice or Roti.
*Ingredients are per the amount of veggies I had. One could perhaps double or triple the measurements accordingly, I guess!