01/17/2012: Tomato Chutney - Some ripe tomatoes always make an interesting side dish for Pooris, Dosas, Idlis, Rotis and even Rice.
Ripe Tomatoes - 4 (sliced into big chunks)
Green Chilies - 4 (Sliced into big pieces)
Garlic - 2 Cloves (Cut into pieces)
Cumin Seeds - 2 tsps
Salt to Taste
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsps
1) In a sauce pan, heat the Oil. Then add Cumin Seeds, Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
2) Fry till cooked well. Cool it enough to be put in a blender.
3) To the cooled mixture add Salt, Garlic and Turmeric.
4) Blend it into a fine paste.
5) Serve with Rice, Rotis, Dosas, Idlies or Pooris.