01/08/2012: A few ingredients with a little mix here, a little swirl there can turn into a yummy dessert. Something that I frequently cook when I have guests at the last minute or I crave for eating something little sweet.
Semolina / Sooji / Upma Rava - 1 cup fried in Ghee to golden brown
Water - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 1.5 cups
Cashewnuts - a handful roasted in Ghee
Cardamom Powder - a sprinkle
1) Boil Water and Milk together.
2) Add Sugar and mix well. Add the Cardamom Powder and fried Cashewnuts as well.
3) Once the mixture comes to boil again, pour the fried Semolina with constant stirring so the Semolina dont turn to lumps.
4) After mixing thoroughly, leave it on low flame for few mins.
5) Serve hot or warm or cold. Just dig in and eat!