Cooking is a form of stress reliever for me. By cutting, slicng, dicing, chopping, mincing, mixing, sauting and all other forms of martial arts one can perform in a Kitchen, I get greater pleasure in relieving of stress.
And like the great person said, food is my true love; Easiest way to win my heart. **Beaming a smile** A while ago when I watched "Julia and Julia", this idea came to me that why not I do a picture blog of food. So, here it is for 2012, it would be a voyage thru my kitchen.
Some of the miracles you will see might have been made by me, or some by my friends or some just something I had enjoyed in a place where someone else cooks for you. Whatever the source, this is all about FOOD! 365 days of yum yum yummy food!
As part of this cooking blog I am starting with comfort food which I terribly needed for my mood that day. One of the comfort foods I always go for is Lemon Rice. Simply because it is easy to make and after I eat cleanses me off of all the toxic emotions. Hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as I do.
Cooked White Rice - 1 Cup
Green Chillies (Long) - 3 (cut into small pieces)
Lime - 1
Spices - 1tsp Mustard Seeds, 1tsp Cumin Seeds, 1tsp Urad Daal (Black Gram), 1tsp Chana Daal (Split Bengal Gram), a little more than a pinch of Turmeric, 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
Cilantro / Coriander
Oil - 2 tbsp
1) Cook Rice in pressure cooker. Cool the cooked rice into a dish.
2) In a pan heat Oil. Then add the spices as listed one after the other.
3) Then add the Green Chillies.
4) Once the Spices are fried, put the entire contents into the dish with rice.
5) Add Salt.
6) Squeeze Lime into the rice.
7) Mix all the ingredients well with rice.
8) Serve with chips or yogurt.