In my Obsession with Pancakes series, the next one I present are Orange Pancakes; a perfect combination of sweet and tart that will appease all of your taste buds.
I had a few Oranges left over and almost a bit dried out since I forgot they were there in my fridge. So I chose to use them in my Pancake batter next time I was ready to make some. And voila! I found another way of eating Oranges. And they do taste really good!
And now for my recipe.
Oranges - 2 small seedless
Sugar - if needed, 3 teaspoons
Butter - for cooking
1) Peel the Oranges, and blend them into a smooth paste. Add a little Water if needed,
2) To the already prepared Pancake Batter using Recipe 1 link above, add the Orange juice. Mix well.
3) Heat a skillet, and smear a little butter.
4) Pour a ladle full of the Orange Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
5) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
6) Top with sliced Oranges and Whipped Cream before serving.
1) If the Oranges are naturally sweet, you don’t need additional Sugar. However, if they are tart, then feel free to add Sugar as needed.
2) You can also top it with Maple Syrup or Powdered Sugar.