Mondays I fast so I usually eat a lot of fruit, an avocado or may be milk with cereal some days. My usual way of consuming fruit is one of the three options below:
1) Cut them into bitable size; sprinkle a bit of chaat masala, salt, red chili powder; stir an eat.
2) Pour custard powder in milk, boil. Cool and then mix with cut fruit
3) Cut them into bitable size; sprinkle a bit of chaat masala, salt, pepper; and blend in with home made yogurt.
It was getting rather boring for me now that I have been doing this Monday fasts since past three or four months. And I needed new things for my palate. After doing a bit of research on our friendly google, I came across a few recipes. As usual I made a few changes to the recipe to suit my taste and my needs.
And here is the unique Watermelon Curry with a splash of spice, a zing of salt, and a dash of flavor.
Watermelon - one Cup diced into bitable size pieces.
Watermelon Juice - One & a Half Cup blended in a blender. (No water needed).
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
Urad Daal / Black Gram Lentil - 1/4 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
Garlic - two Cloves chopped fine
Salt, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder & Red Chili Powder - per taste
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Hing / Asafetida - a pinch
Cilantro - chopped finely for garnishing
Oil for sautéing.
1) In a medium sized sauce pan, heat Oil. Add Mustard Seeds, Urad Daal and Cumin Seeds.
2) Stir a little. Add chopped Garlic, Turmeric Powder, and Hing.( Collapse )