Bread Toast is one of my quick breakfasts when I make it on those days that I have less time even to gobble anything. Toast with butter and slap it with jam, jelly or cream cheese, may be once in a while top it with a sunny-side up egg. That's it! The most effort I did beyond this was may be make a simple French Toast on one of those rare days.
However, recently I came across a video that had these varieties of Bread Toast made Indian Style. They looked so delicious, and yes of course would need a little more time than what I normally put in, and still couldn’t resist trying one as soon as I could. So, here you go, the Cheesy Aloo Chaat Toast.
1) Bread of your choice - 2 slices
2) Potato - 1 medium sized
3) Peas - 1/4 cup
4) Sweet Corn - 1/4 cup
5) Onion - 1 small sized
6) Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
7) Coriander / Dhaniya Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
8) Cumin / Jeera Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
9) Red Chili Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
10) Amchur / Dried Mango Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
11) Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/4 teaspoon
12) Kasuri Methi (Dried Methi Leaves) - 1/4 teaspoon
13) Cilantro - a few sprigs chopped finely
14) Cheese (of your choice) - as needed
15) Salt per taste
16) Oil for sautéing
17) Butter for toasting
1) Boil the Potato, remove the peel, and mash it well. Keep it aside.
2) Cook Peas and Sweet Corn - either in pressure cooker (with one whistle) or in microwave (check out Tips section below on how to do). Keep it aside.( Collapse )