Prologue: Go here.
06/27/2012: Quinoa Vegetable Stir-Fry - I was introduced to this wonderful grain by my dear friend Preethi. These tiny little grains can make amazing dishes which I never knew. You might find a series of dishes with Quinoa soon, another "Obsession..." series.
1) In a pan, heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds and a pinch of Turmeric.
2) Add a cup of chopped Vegetables of your choice. I used Potatoes, Carrots and Green Peas. Stir until they are semi-cooked.
3) Add a tsp of Ginger Paste, Salt per taste, 1 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder and 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder.
4) Mix well until the spices are coated to the vegetables.
5) Add a cup of Quinoa and 2 cups of Water. Stir well and cook covered until all the contents get cooked well and the water is absorbed.
6) Quinoa becomes translucent. Remove from flame, garnish with Cilantro and serve hot.